TIARA is an active participant at Irish festivals, genealogy conferences and workshops at the community, state, regional, national and international levels. We are members of planning committees, sell books, do family research consultations and provide speakers.
The Celtic Connections Conference
In 2014, TIARA partnered with IGSI (Irish Genealogical Society International) to create the CELTIC CONNECTIONS CONFERENCE, a 2-3 day event filled with information and camaraderie for family history researchers. It has become a well-known genealogy conference for Irish genealogy researchers.
The first conference was held August 2014 in Waltham, MA. The second conference took place in Minneapolis, MN August 2016. The next all-volunteer-run event will take place August 9 – 11, 2018 at the Boston Newton Marriott. In June, 2018, the early registration period ends and prices go up. So if you’re planning to go to this conference, register right away!
The CCC genealogy conference will include two full days of lectures covering aspects of Celtic genealogy, history, and music. International and national genealogists, such as John Grenham, Fiona Fitzsimons, Maurice Gleeson, Audrey Collins, Bruce Durie and David Rencher, to name a few, will offer sessions on using resources in the United States and abroad. For a complete list of speakers, see our website www.celtic-connections.org. A preconference bus tour of the Lowell area will highlight contributions of our immigrant ancestors.
Other Conferences and Organizations
TIARA is a member society of the following genealogical research consortia and often participates in their genealogical conferences and meetings:
- Massachusetts Genealogical Council
- New England Regional Genealogical Consortium (Next event: April, 2019)
- Federation of Genealogical Societies
TIARA members have given presentations and staffed booths at community centers, libraries, and universities from Boston to Dublin, Ireland. The following list is a just a sampling of events.
- Boston Public Library Local & Family History Series
- New York State Family History Conference (Next event: September, 2018)
- Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI), University of Massachusetts Boston
- Boston College Irish Studies
- Massachusetts State Archives
- National Archives at Boston
- Massachusetts Society of Genealogists
- Back To Our Past, Dublin Ireland (Next event: October 2018)
- Back to Our Past, Belfast, Ireland (Next event: February, 2019)