TIARA is an active participant at Irish festivals, genealogy conferences and workshops at the community, state, regional, national and international levels. We are members of planning committees, sell books, do family research consultations and provide speakers.
The Celtic Connections Conference
In 2014, TIARA partnered with IGSI (Irish Genealogical Society International) to create the CELTIC CONNECTIONS CONFERENCE, a 2-3 day event filled with information and camaraderie for family history researchers. It has become a well-known genealogy conference for Irish genealogy researchers.
The first conference was held August 2014 in Waltham, MA. The second conference took place in Minneapolis, MN August 2016. The third conference was held in August 2018 in Newton, MA. The next all-volunteer-run event will take place July 31 – August 1, 2020 at the Westin Chicago North Shore Hotel Wheeling, Ill.
The CCC genealogy conference will include two full days of lectures covering aspects of Celtic genealogy, history, and music. International and national genealogists. The 2020 Conference is in the planning stage. Check the Celtic Connections Conference website for updates as available.
Other Conferences and Organizations
TIARA is a member society of the following genealogical research consortia and often participates in their genealogical conferences and meetings:
- Massachusetts Genealogical Council
- New England Regional Genealogical Consortium
- Federation of Genealogical Societies
TIARA members have given presentations and staffed booths at community centers, libraries, and universities from Boston to Dublin, Ireland. The following list is a just a sampling of events.
- Boston Public Library Local & Family History Series
- New York State Family History Conference (next conference September 10-12, 2020)
- Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI), University of Massachusetts Boston
- Boston College Irish Studies
- Massachusetts State Archives
- National Archives at Boston
- Massachusetts Society of Genealogists
- Back To Our Past, Dublin Ireland (Next event: October 18-19, 2019)
- Back to Our Past, Belfast, Ireland (Next event: February 14-15, 2020)