TIARA is an active participant at Irish festivals, genealogy conferences and workshops at the community, state, regional, national and international levels. We are members of planning committees, sell books, do family research consultations and provide speakers.
The Celtic Connections Conference
In 2014, TIARA partnered with IGSI (Irish Genealogical Society International) to create the CELTIC CONNECTIONS CONFERENCE, a 2-3 day event filled with information and camaraderie for family history researchers. It has become a well-known genealogy conference for Irish genealogy researchers.
The first conference was held August 2014 in Waltham, MA. The second conference took place in Minneapolis, MN August 2016. The third conference was held in August 2018 in Newton, MA.
The Celtic Connections Conference 2020
While the COVID-19 pandemic caused us to take a detour on our “Journey Home,” a new trail was even better Learn from 11 outstanding speakers, 25 pre-recorded presentations and live chats with the presenters.
Please direct your questions to email@example.com.
Other Conferences and Organizations
TIARA is a member society of the following genealogical research consortia and often participates in their genealogical conferences and meetings:
- Massachusetts Genealogical Council
- New England Regional Genealogical Consortium
- Federation of Genealogical Societies
TIARA members have given presentations and staffed booths at community centers, libraries, and universities from Boston to Dublin, Ireland. The following list is a just a sampling of events.
- Boston Public Library Local & Family History Series
- New York State Family History Conference (next conference September 10-12, 2020)
- Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI), University of Massachusetts Boston
- Boston College Irish Studies
- Massachusetts State Archives
- National Archives at Boston
- Massachusetts Society of Genealogists
- Back To Our Past, Dublin Ireland (Next event: October 18-19, 2019)
- Back to Our Past, Belfast, Ireland (Next event: February 14-15, 2020)