TIARA is an active participant at Irish festivals, genealogy conferences and workshops at the community, state, regional, national and international levels. We are members of planning committees, sell books, do family research consultations and provide speakers.
The Celtic Connections Conference
In 2014, TIARA partnered with IGSI (Irish Genealogical Society International) to create the CELTIC CONNECTIONS CONFERENCE, a 2-3 day event filled with information and camaraderie for family history researchers. It has become a well-known genealogy conference for Irish genealogy researchers.
The first conference was held August 2014 in Waltham, MA. The second conference took place in Minneapolis, MN August 2016. The third conference was held in August 2018 in Newton, MA.
The Celtic Connections Conference 2020
We proudly announce the virtual Celtic Connections Conference program, beginning July 31!
Registration will open later this month!
While the COVID-19 pandemic caused us to take a detour on our “Journey Home,” a new trail is even better Learn from 11 outstanding speakers, 25 pre-recorded presentations and live chats with the presenters.
Consider these advantages:
- On-demand presentations – No difficult decisions about which lecture to attend! All 25 pre-recorded presentations are available for you to view whenever you choose
- Conference extended from July 31-August 31 – Plenty of time to listen to any and all talks of interest to you (as long as you do so before August 31)
- Live chat sessions with the presenters – Opportunities for you to ask questions and interact with our speakers and other attendees
- Safe, convenient and less expensive – No risky and costly travel, no reservations, no trip delays
- Electronic syllabus: We will provide an online version of the conference syllabus
- Renowned genealogists cover a variety of topics — We’re excited to add DNA expert Maurice Gleeson to our slate of presenters! See the complete program listing at our website:
Please direct your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you already registered for the on site conference,full refunds have been issued automatically to those who have already registered. No action is necessary to request a refund.
- Registration: If your Registration fee was paid by credit card, you will receive a full credit on your card. If you paid by check, a refund check will be mailed to you.
- Lodging: If you made lodging reservations for the conference at the Westin Chicago North Shore, you should cancel them, by calling the hotel at 847-777-6500 (or Marriott at 800-937-8461).
- Donate: If you would like to make a contribution to help us defray the costs we’ve incurred, make a donation using your credit/debit card or PayPal account at the CCC website:
The next all-volunteer-run event will take place July 31 – August 1, 2020 at the Westin Chicago North Shore Hotel Wheeling, Ill.
The CCC genealogy conference will include two full days of lectures covering aspects of Celtic genealogy, history, and music. International and national genealogists. The 2020 Conference is in the planning stage. Check the Celtic Connections Conference website for updates as available.
Other Conferences and Organizations
TIARA is a member society of the following genealogical research consortia and often participates in their genealogical conferences and meetings:
- Massachusetts Genealogical Council
- New England Regional Genealogical Consortium
- Federation of Genealogical Societies
TIARA members have given presentations and staffed booths at community centers, libraries, and universities from Boston to Dublin, Ireland. The following list is a just a sampling of events.
- Boston Public Library Local & Family History Series
- New York State Family History Conference (next conference September 10-12, 2020)
- Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI), University of Massachusetts Boston
- Boston College Irish Studies
- Massachusetts State Archives
- National Archives at Boston
- Massachusetts Society of Genealogists
- Back To Our Past, Dublin Ireland (Next event: October 18-19, 2019)
- Back to Our Past, Belfast, Ireland (Next event: February 14-15, 2020)